Wanting to contribute to the project

Dec 19, 2012 at 8:36 AM

I love what you have done so far, it works great. I was thinking of possible making plugins for more sites to start with.  Its been a while since I have done some coding but I hope I will still be able to contribute.

I tried downloading the source and opening it in Visual Studio 2010, but when i try to build it gives me errors and on opening it asks me to log into a server.

what exactly do i need to be able to work with this. Im New to VS too, im use to borland and VB4.

any help would be appreciated.

Coordinator
Dec 20, 2012 at 1:58 AM

Hi Jade,

CodePlex offers Team Foundation Servers(TFS) which is what I use for this project. You should not need to login to open the Project Solution(.sln) in VS. You should use Microsoft Visual Studio 2010(and up) C# Express or one of the professional versions. To get started after you get the project open I recommend looking at the current plugins.

Hope this helps and feel free to ask more questions.

Mar 19, 2013 at 6:36 AM
Hi ProbCaboose,

I've been wanting to contribute to this project. I was able to run the source code with no problem. But somehow, most of the time, my download stuck at 0%. Do I have to tweak some settings in my environment?
Coordinator
Mar 19, 2013 at 6:08 PM
Hi spekitam,

Are you trying to update previously downloaded MIZAs? or are you trying to download new ones. Make sure the plugins are in the plugins folder in either of the Debug/Release folder.
Mar 20, 2013 at 6:55 AM
Both Debug/Release folder have their plugin. I think the problem is at the progress bar. Because even though the progress bar stays at 0%, but when I close and reopen back the application, somehow the chapter has been downloaded. Weird since I haven't change a single code yet. Maybe I should dig in your code more deeply.

Nice app by the way.