v1.0.0.8 Feedback

Sep 7, 2012 at 2:10 AM

For those who have downloaded the v1.0.0.8 early release how is it working? anything not working?

Sep 8, 2012 at 10:58 PM
Edited Sep 8, 2012 at 11:05 PM

Started looking for a decent manga reader after switching from my android powered Motorola Xoom to a windows 8 Series 7 Slate. This app is a godsend. Works perfectly in desktop mode. I had to reload the app to make the manga I searched for show up in the library, but besides that I haven't encountered any serious bugs.

A couple of suggestions:

Add the ability to mark chapters as read. 

Fullscreen mode.

List all manga available for each source.

If possible, add more sources like batoto.net. they have a couple of mangas that I haven't found in the current sources.

Again, thank you for making this. I used to use manga watcher on android and I couldn't find any good windows alternative until i found your app.

Sep 8, 2012 at 11:37 PM

Awesome, glad you like myManga.

Add the ability to mark chapters as read.

So my understanding of this is you prefer to have each chapter marked whether or not it has been read? Is the current implementation of last read chapter to simple?

Fullscreen mode.

This will be added when I can get my hands on one of the up coming Win8 Pro tablets.

List all manga available for each source.

I'll think about how to add this.

If possible, add more sources like batoto.net. they have a couple of mangas that I haven't found in the current sources.

If you can program in or are willing to learn C#, you can create a plugin for myManga for batoto.net or any other site. Otherwise it might be some time before I can add new sites. Creating a plugin tutorial

Sep 21, 2012 at 3:20 AM

I have a problem where new chapters aren't being downloaded for the manga Naruto and also Bleach. 

Sep 21, 2012 at 1:22 PM
DanteUruzu wrote:

I have a problem where new chapters aren't being downloaded for the manga Naruto and also Bleach. 

Refer to this Issue:

http://mymanga.codeplex.com/workitem/602

Nov 11, 2012 at 12:28 AM
Edited Nov 11, 2012 at 12:53 AM

LibraryViewModel.cs has a couple of bugs if there are no manga in the library.  Reference System.Linq and change lines 394 and 430 to use FirstOrDefault() instead of First().

Also, the MangaHere and MangaFox plugins error out if there are no results from a search.

LicenseView.xaml has a parse error on load.