myManga Logo

Jun 26, 2012 at 11:22 AM
Edited Jun 26, 2012 at 11:26 AM

Just created the myManga logo! Is this a suitable logo for the project? What do you think?

It can be found here

Leave your comments below!

Jun 29, 2012 at 2:24 AM
Edited Jun 30, 2012 at 10:41 PM

Sorry for taking so long to respond to you, I've busy with a new job. I like the iris of the eyes, but the surrounding lashes seem 'rough' and uneven. Also the text style seem to clash with the metro theme of the rest of the application. Otherwise it looks nice.

-John
Jun 30, 2012 at 9:07 PM

Dear John,

Don't worry about taking so long to respond, I understand.

I will make the necessary changes for the title (Using the Segoe Font for the title.) As for the eye lashes, I'll remove some of them to make the overall look a little cleaner!

I would love to experiment implementing the logo and icon into a copy of the source code I have on my computer to test this, just for comparison , but I don't know how to do this, as I have experience in only the Visual Basic module of the Visual Studio 2010 suite.

Jun 30, 2012 at 10:41 PM

First download Visual Studio 2010 C# if you don't already have it, Express edition is fine. To test the Splash, overwrite the '/myManga;component/Resources/Images\Splash.bmp' with which ever image you would like to test. As for the Icon you will need to edit the properties of the 'myManga' project and the file ' /myManga;component/MainWindow.xaml'. In the MainWindow.xaml file change the line Icon="/myManga;component/Resources/codeplex.ico".

Let me know if you need help with any of this.
-John
Jul 14, 2012 at 5:11 PM

Dear John,

I have made the necessary changes now, and I have uploaded an icon to deviantArt. You can download it here. As for the updated logo, just click on the link in my first post again to view the new picture.

Or click here if it doesn't work.

Thanks for being so patient.

mrwillbarnz

Jul 14, 2012 at 8:28 PM

Very nice.

Jul 15, 2012 at 12:14 AM

Check the new version, I think you may like it.