New Plugin for MangaPanda

May 29, 2012 at 7:26 AM

Hey, quick question about the whole creating a plugin thing. I know about that bug in mangareader.net (mostly caused it pissed me off when a large amount of my manga releases stopped appearing). It turns out that whoever is in charge of mangareader.net created mangapanda.com which is basically the same thing with some visual changes and no email updates. So I just replaced all mentions of mangareader with mangapanda which should hopefully work. But in the AssemblyInfo.cs in the properties section, what's with the assembly: Guid? Do I need to change that? Then how to test it and upload it when it's finished?

May 29, 2012 at 7:43 AM
Edited May 29, 2012 at 7:45 AM

I don't believe changing the GUID is necessary for the new plugin to work, but I would recommend creating a new Class Library project and copy the code over to it. To test the new plugin build the PluginTester project and drop you built plugin into the Plugins folder in its executing directory.

Things to remember:

• myManga will only load plugins ending in .manga.dll
  • You MUST specify the MangaPlugin Attribute.
  • Remember to correctly define the SupportedMethods.
  • And don't forget to Give the Site Name, your name, and the version of the plugin.

P.S. On a side note, the only way I have found to navigate around the 403 bug is to use a proxy outside the US (<-- I live there).

And check out the new Discussion Thread I created to post your plugin.